FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Recipe: Barbara A. Yoder; Goshen, IN
Makes: 10-12 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 2-4 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-5-Quart
· 4 Tbsp. buffer
· 2 large Granny Smith apples, cubed
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ¼ cup sugar
· ½ cup ketchup
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· 1 Tbsp. molasses
· 1 tsp. salt
· 24-oz. can Great Northern beans, undrained
· 24-oz. can pinto beans, undrained
· ham chunks, optional
1. Melt butter in skillet. Add apples and cook until tender.
2. Stir in brown sugar and sugar. Cook until they melt. Stir in ketchup, cinnamon, molasses, and salt.
3. Add beans and ham chunks. Mix well. Pour into slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on High 2-4 hours.
slow cooker recipes, crockpot recipes
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.