FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Healthy Carb Cookbook For Dummies® by Jan McCracken
This slow cookin' meal is perfect for a cold and rainy day. It's great to make a big batch, so you have plenty left over for lunches or snacks. This chili freezes really well, and you can freeze it in individual containers ready to grab to pack in your lunch bag.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 to 8 hours
Yield: 6 servings
• 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon chili powder (more if desired}
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
• 1 packet Splenda sugar substitute
• 1 can (16 ounces) whole Roma tomatoes with juice, chopped fine
• 1 can (14 ounces) pureed tomatoes, undrained
• 1/2 cup vegetable stock
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) Eden black soybeans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese (1/4 cup per serving for garnish)
1. Combine the zucchini, garlic, celery, onion, chili powder, cocoa powder, Splenda, Roma tomatoes, pureed tomatoes, vegetable stock, beans, cumin, oregano, basil, sea salt, and pepper in the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. The chili will be bubbling.
3. Ladle the chili into individual deep chili or soup bowls. Top with the cheddar cheese.
Per serving: Calories 237 (From Fat 100); Fat 11g (Saturated 6g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 875mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Dietary Fiber 6g (Net Carbohydrate 14g); Protein 16g.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website. For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.