BLACK BEANS WITH CORN AND TOMATOES
All of the ingredients for this tasty recipe will likely be found in your cupboard. You may want to try it next time you run out of fresh produce.
• 1 15-ounce can low-sodium, no fat added black beans
• 1 cup cut tomatoes, fresh or canned
• 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
• ½ teaspoon chili powder
• 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
• 1 clove garlic, pureed or roasted
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
Drain and rinse beans.
In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes and garlic.
Add parsley, pepper and chili powder.
Combine and serve.
This is an official 5 a day recipe, and provides four people with two servings of vegetables each.