FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Recipe from Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Batch yield: 2 qt / 950 L
• 1/2 fl oz / 15 mL olive oil
• 12 oz / 340 g diced onions
• 1/2 oz / 14 g minced garlic
• 4 oz / 115 g diced celery
• 5 oz / 140 g diced red peppers
• 4 oz / 115 g diced green peppers
• 1 minced jalapeno
• 1 tsp / 5 mL coriander seeds, toasted and ground
• 2 tsp / 10 mL cumin seeds, toasted and ground
• 1 tbsp / 15 ml hot paprika
• 1/4 tsp / 1.25 ground cinnamon
• 1 lb / 450 g cooked black beans
• 2 lb / 910 g tomato concasse
• 1/2 oz / 14 g Mexican chocolate
• 1/2 oz / 14 g chopped cilantro
• 1/2 tsp / 2.5 mL kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp / 2.5 mL ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pot. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent. Add the celery and sweat 1 minute. Add the peppers and jalapeno. Saute until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon and saute until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the beans and tomatoes. Simmer until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have developed, about 20 minutes.
3. Just before serving, season the chili by adding the chocolate, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Brown Rice Pilaf, Tomatillo Salsa, and baked tortilla chips.
Portioning information: 6 oz / 50 g
Nutrition per serving: 237 calories, 3 g fat, 4 g total carbohydrate, 13 g protein, 313 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website. For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.