Hormel Brand Launches New Website
Corporation’s largest brand gets its first dedicated Web site
AUSTIN, Minn. (Nov. 3, 2008) Hormel Foods Corporation has launched its first Web site dedicated to the company’s Hormel brand - www.hormel.com.
Designed as an interactive kitchen, consumers have the ability to interact with the Hormel brand and discover the advantages of the company’s broad range of products. The Web site provides nutrition and ingredient information as well as a more advanced product locator.
“As the largest brand for Hormel Foods, it was necessary to build a Web site for consumers to learn more about Hormel products,” said Scott Weisenbeck, group product manager. “The site is a hub for the beginning of a broader digital strategy.”
Visitors to the site will be reminded of the great food and meal solutions Hormel products provide in all areas of the kitchen at any time of the day. The site features a center island and cupboards that open and close along with windows, which show the different times of day and the changing seasons.
Highlights to the site include:
• Interactive Kitchen –When entering the site, click on a specific area of the kitchen –such as microwave, stove or refrigerator- to find convenient products and appetizing recipes.
• Convenient Meals – Find creative meals and snacks ideas that take less than 30 minutes and involve only three steps. Instructions are written in an easy 1 + 2 + 3 format.
• Advanced Recipe Search – Hone in the search by including specifics such as number of servings, preparation method, skill level or occasion. This section also features the most popular recipes – which change with each view.
• Product Locator –Quickly locate Hormel branded products throughout the country by typing in an address or zip code.
• Protein Made Easy – Learn about the benefits of protein in an everyday diet.
Visit the Web site at www.hormel.com.
About Hormel Foods
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food and meat products, many of which are among the best known and trusted in the food industry. The company leverages its extensive expertise, innovation and high competencies in pork and turkey processing and marketing to bring quality, value-added brands to the global marketplace. In each of the past nine years, Hormel Foods was named one of “The 400 Best Big Companies in America” by Forbes magazine. The company enjoys a strong reputation among consumers, retail grocers, foodservice and industrial customers for products highly regarded for quality, taste, nutrition, convenience and value.