PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY IS ALL GROWN UP
Pillsbury Offers New Ultimate Dessert Kits and Ultimate Muffins for Grown Up Tastes
ORRVILLE, OH (December, 2005) – At 40 years old the Pillsbury Doughboy still possesses the delightful giggle and charming personality people have grown to know and love. Nonetheless, as he has grown up, his tastes have matured and so have some of his latest offerings. To celebrate the conclusion of his ultimate cross-country 40th Birthday Taste Tour, Pillsbury introduces the ultimate baked goods experience for dessert and breakfast—Pillsbury Ultimate Dessert Kits and Ultimate Muffins.
Convenient, creative and simple to make, Ultimate Dessert Kits include the cake mix, filling and topping in each box. Each kit can be prepared in just five minutes from box to oven, creating the perfect dessert to entertain dinner guests, bring to a dessert party or to the next book club gathering, or add something special to the family dinner.
“Kids have enjoyed Pillsbury desserts for generations, but Pillsbury also has desserts that satisfy grown up tastes, too. We’ve taken the brownies and cakes that people love and combined them with rich fillings and decadent toppings to create the ultimate dessert experience,” said Maribeth Badertscher, communications director, The J.M. Smucker Company. “For people who like to bake but don’t necessarily have the time, Ultimate Dessert Kits are the perfect solution.”
For mornings, Pillsbury also introduces Ultimate Muffins, the only muffins that bake up with a surprise inside—real fruit or chocolate filling—topped off with a crumb streusel topping. Ultimate Muffins are the perfect way to start the day right, for breakfast at home or on the go. Make six jumbo or 12 regular-size bakery-style muffins in just six minutes from the box to the oven. Each box includes muffins, filling and streusel.
The ultimate line up of new baked goods includes:
Ultimate Dessert Kits
• Cookies n’ Crème – NEW – Moist and rich chocolate cake with vanilla crème filling, topped with real OREO cookie bits and vanilla crème topping
• Triple Chocolate Mousse – NEW – Rich, fudgy brownie, topped with chilled, whipped chocolate mousse and drizzled with chocolate-flavored topping
• White Velvet Mousse – NEW – Rich, fudgy brownie, topped with chilled, whipped white mousse and drizzled with chocolate-flavored topping
• Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl (Seasonal, Fall) – NEW – Moist pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling, topped with rich cream cheese frosting
• Triple Chocolate – Moist and rich chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling, topped with chocolate streusel and drizzled with chocolate-flavored topping
• Chocolate Caramel – Moist and rich chocolate cake with caramel filling, topped with crumbled streusel and drizzled with caramel topping
• Strawberry ‘n Crème – Moist vanilla cake with vanilla crème filling, drizzled with strawberry flavored topping
• Ultimate Muffins – Made with real fruit or chocolate fudge fillings
• Blueberry Streusel – Moist, blueberry fruit filled muffin topped with crumbled streusel
• Caramel Apple Streusel – Moist, caramel and apple-filled muffin topped with crumbled streusel
• Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Chip – Moist chocolate fudge filled chocolate chip muffin topped with chocolate streusel
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for Ultimate Dessert Kits is $3.49 and for Ultimate Muffins, $2.99.
Consumers may visit www.pillsburybaking.com, the online resource for creating memorable baked goods and entertaining ideas. Visitors to the site can discover ideas and recipes for themed birthday parties, creative cakes, baking tips, recipes, fun activities for the whole family, and much more.
To celebrate the Pillsbury Doughboy’s birthday this year, The J.M. Smucker Company took the Pillsbury Doughboy on the road to twenty cities for a cross-country 40th Birthday Taste Tour. He lived out birthday wishes on his “40 for 40 list” – a list of 40 things he wanted to do in his 40th year – and spread fun and birthday cheer to families everywhere. To commemorate the Pillsbury Doughboy’s birthday, The J.M. Smucker Company made a $100,000 dough-nation to Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
About The J.M. Smucker Company
The J. M. Smucker Company (www.smuckers.com) was founded in 1897 when the Company’s namesake and founder sold his first product -- apple butter -- from the back of a horse-drawn wagon. Today, over a century later, the Company is the market leader in fruit spreads, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, and health and natural foods beverages in North America under such icon brands as Smucker’s, Jif and Crisco. The family of brands also includes Pillsbury baking mixes and ready-to-spread frostings; Hungry Jack pancake mixes, syrups and potato side dishes, and Martha White baking mixes and ingredients in the US, along with Robin Hood flour and baking mixes, and Bick’s pickles and condiments in Canada. For over 108 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been headquartered in Orrville, Ohio, and has been family run for four generations. Since the 1998 inception of FORTUNE Magazine’s annual survey of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, The J. M. Smucker Company has consistently been recognized as one of the top 25 companies to work for in the United States. The J. M. Smucker Company has over 3,500 employees worldwide and distributes products in more than 45 countries.
Ó/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury and The Pillsbury Doughboy are trademarks of The Pillsbury Company, used under license.
Oreo is a trademark of Kraft Holdings, used under license.