1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
by Carol Fenster
What sets Carol Fenster and her '1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes' apart from others, is this: She delivers great taste, great texture, and maximum nutrition (something you already know is in short supply in most GF carbohydrates); her recipes and advice are geared to home cooking, i.e., your life and your kitchen; she makes suggestions for brand names of ingredients (this saves so much time!); she writes clearly so your dish will come out great every time (this saves time, money, and so much effort, not to mention the disappointment); her dishes please the most finicky eaters; and she notes alternative ingredients if you wish to make recipes dairy-free, vegan, etc.
J. Armil, Detroit (Amazon.com)
If you or someone you love has wheat allergies, gluten intolerance, or celiac disease, then you know how hard it is to prepare tasty, worry-free meals. From breads and pastas to cakes and pies, many favorite foods typically contain wheat, the most common source of gluten—not to mention the many prepared and packaged foods (from dressings to seasonings) that may also contain gluten. Now, gluten-free cooking authority Carol Fenster has written the biggest, most comprehensive gluten-free cookbook ever—a resource you'll turn to again and again for recipes, inspiration, and advice.
Carol discovered that she was gluten intolerant two decades ago, and she has spent the time since developing gluten-free mealtime strategies and helping others make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle. Carol has perfected the art of baking without wheat flour and learned to create delicious muffins, cakes, pies, and even yeast bread using sorghum flour, potato starch, and other safe ingredients. In 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes, she shares her secrets and recipes for every meal. Many of the recipes are also vegetarian or quick-to-make and are highlighted with or symbols. Additionally, if you avoid dairy, Carol suggests ways to make the recipes with safe substitutes.
If you cook gluten-free meals, this cookbook is sure to become an indispensable kitchen companion. You'll discover recipes for every meal of the day and every occasion, from favorite foods you never thought you would be able to eat again to foods kids will love and elegant dishes for entertaining. Throughout the book, you'll find a wealth of detailed, practical advice on staples of the gluten-free kitchen, including tips on reliable brand-name products. Here is everything you need to discover just how easy and tasty it can be to live gluten free!
With 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes, you get:
• Bountiful Breakfasts: Sour Cream–Raisin Pancakes, Granola, Cheese Blintzes, Egg Crepes with Brie and Almonds
• Marvelous Breads and Muffins: Cinnamon-Apple Muffins, Buttermilk Biscuits, White Sandwich Yeast Bread, Pepperoni Cheese Pizza
• Satisfying Appetizers, Salads, Soups, and Sandwiches: Roasted Wild Mushroom Tart, Panzanella, French Onion Soup, Muffaletta Sandwiches, Chicken Fajitas
• Tasty Pastas, Grains, and Beans: Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagna, Pad Thai, Quinoa Tabbouleh, Spicy Black Beans
• Delicious Main Courses: Meat Loaf, Shrimp Creole, Fried Chicken, Mini Beef Wellingtons, Pork Schnitzel, Moussaka
• Irresistible Desserts: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, Tiramisu Cupcakes, Chocolate Pecan Tart, Cherry Pie
Whether you're new to gluten-free cooking or you've been living gluten-free for decades, this all-inclusive cookbook is just what you need to satisfy your craving for "forbidden" foods and baked goods—and put deliciously varied, crowd-pleasing meals on the table for years to come.