TUSCAN PORK AND BEAN SALAD
• 2 cooked Balsamic Pork Chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 10-ounce package Mediterranean greens (such as escarole, endive, radicchio)
• 1 15 1/2-ounce can cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 4-ounce jar pimiento strips
• 2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
• 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
• 1/4 cup sliced green onion
• 1/2 cup Italian dressing
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In shallow serving bowl toss together all ingredients, except for the parmesan cheese, with dressing.
Portion onto individual serving plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Use the leftovers from Balsamic Pork Chops (in Main Dish category).
Simple Balsamic Pork Chops get transformed into a Tuscan salad and give whole new meaning to "pork and beans."
Serve this entree salad with wedges of fresh focaccia bread.
Calories 280 calories; Protein 21 grams; Fat 8 grams; Sodium 980 milligrams; Cholesterol 35 milligrams; Saturated Fat 2 grams; Carbohydrates 31 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com