PORK CHOP SALAD WITH PEAR ROQUEFORT DRESSING
Weight Watchers All Time Favorites
Hands-On Prep: 15 Min
Cook: 10 Min
• 1 pound lean boneless center-cut pork chops, lightly pounded
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 4 cups mixed salad greens
• 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
• 1 ripe Bosc pear, halved, cored, and chopped
• 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
• 3 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese
1. Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Spray a nonstick ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest about 5 minutes. Cut the pork on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl until blended. Add the pork, salad greens, celery, and pear; toss to coat. Divide the salad evenly among 6 plates; top with the walnuts and sprinkle with the Roquefort. Serve at once.
Good Idea: For easier eating, it's always a good idea to peel the strings from the outside of the celery stalks. It can be done in just seconds with a vegetable peeler and will save diners the embarrassment of having to remove the strings as they chew.
Per Serving: (1 1/3 cups salad, 1 tablespoon walnuts, and 1/2 tablespoon cheese): 220 Cal, 11 g Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 49 mg Chol, 446 mg Sod, 12 g Carb, 3 g Fib, 20 g Prot, 79 mg Calc.
POINTS value: 5.