SMOKED VENISON SALAD
A great way to use delicious leftover meat from the leg
• 1 pound smoked venison
• 1 pound mixed Florida lettuces, chopped
• 2 cups sliced Florida fruit -- persimmons, tangerines or oranges
• 6 ounces cheese such as gouda, cheddar, or gorgonzola
• 3 ounces Florida green beans, blanched and cooled
• 1/2 cup Florida pecan halves
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons Balsamic or red wine vinegar
• salt and pepper to taste
Slice venison very thinly and cut into strips if desired.
Just before serving, toss together venison, lettuces, fruit, cheese, beans and pecans.
Combine olive oil and vinegar, season well and drizzle over salad.
Mound on plates and serve.
Calories: 754, Protein: 48gm, Carbohydrates: 22gm, Total fat: 55gm, Saturated fat: 14gm, Cholesterol: 142mg
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services