SPINACH SALAD WITH DRIED PLUMS & PANCETTA
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook/Bake Time: 5 Minutes
• 8 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach
• 3/4 cup (about 4 1/2 ozs) coarsely chopped dried plums, divided
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
In nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
Using slotted spoon, remove pancetta to paper towels.
Pour off drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
Add olive oil and vinegar to reserved drippings; whisk together over low heat until dressing is blended.
In large bowl, combine spinach, dried plums and onion.
Add enough dressing to coat; toss lightly.
Arrange salad on 4 plates; sprinkle with feta cheese.
Note: Bacon can be used in place of pancetta, if desired. Proceed as recipe directs.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
% of Calories from Fat 75%
California Dried Plum Board - www.californiadriedplums.org