Pancake Preparation & Cooking Tips:
• Do not over-mix the batter, stir just until blended.
• Heat a heavy griddle or skillet and grease it lightly (a non-stick cooking spray works fine.) If the batter contains a high fat content (at least 2 tablespoons of fat per cup of liquid) the griddle will not need to be greased.
• For a thicker pancake, add 1 tablespoon of flour to the mixture.
• For thinner pancakes, add a little water at a time to the mixture, until desired consistency is achieved.
• Test the temperature of the griddle by dropping a few drops of water on it. If the water bounces and sputters, the griddle is ready.
Wheat Foods Council www.wheatfoods.org