The Silver Spoon, Phaidon Press
• sweet butter, for greasing
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
• 4 eggs
• scant 1/2 cup soft brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
• 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
• grated rind of 1/2 lemon
• 5 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a tart pan with butter and lightly dust with flour.
Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
Stir in the ricotta, lemon rind, oil and milk.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle with extra sugar and bake for about 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool, then turn out.