FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Recipe Contests | Free Magazines | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
· 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2, 8.8-ounce containers mascarpone, at room temperature
· 1 cup strong, hot brewed coffee
· 3 tablespoons rum
· About 40 ladyfingers
· 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
· Espresso beans for garnish
• Preheat oven to 425°F.
• Beat egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar in electric mixer on high speed until thick and pale yellow, (about 3 minutes).
• Mash mascarpone in large bowl with rubber spatula until smooth
• Fold mascarpone mixture in yolk mixture.
• Whip egg whites with clean beaters until stiffness peaks form.
• Fold egg whites mixture into mascarpone mixture.
• Mix together coffee, rum and remaining ¼ cup sugar to dissolve; let cool.
• Trim half of ladyfingers to line bottom of 9 x 13 inch serving dish.
• One at a time, briefly dip ladyfingers into coffee mixture and arrange in dish.
• Press firmly with fingers to make even layer.
• Spread with half of mascarpone mixture.
• Repeat with remaining ladyfingers and coffee mixture, but do not press ladyfingers.
• Spread with remaining mascarpone mixture.
• Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
• Sift cocoa powder over top and serve.
* Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of 'Maria’s Homemade' line of prepared food sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC www.wmarketnyc.com/
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website. For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2016 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.