RASPBERRY RIPPLE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
Big Book of Chocolate
by Jennifer Donovan
Preparation Time 25 minutes, plus chilling
Cooking Time 45 to 50 minutes
Makes 1 x 9 in. cheesecake
• butter, for greasing
• 1 recipe quantity Chocolate Crumb Crust (see below)
• 1lb. 2oz. cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
• 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 4 eggs, lightly beaten
• 9oz. white chocolate, melted and left to cool
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 cup raspberries, pureed
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a Pin. springform pan with butter and press the prepared chocolate crumb crust into the bottom.
2. In a large bowl. beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and creamy, using an electric hand mixer. Add the flour, eggs, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract and beat until just combined. Stir in the cream. Gently swirl through the raspberry puree, using a wooden spoon and taking care not to over-mix. Pour the filling mixture over the crumb crust.
3. Bake in the hot oven 45 to 50 minutes, or until the cheesecake is firm around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely.
4. Refrigerate the cheesecake 2 hours or overnight, then remove from the pan.
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRUMB CRUST
Prep: Time 10 minutes; Cooking: 10 minutes
Makes 1 x 9 in. crumb crust
• 9 oz.graham crackers
• 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
• 6 tbsp. butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Break up the crackers roughly with your hands and then pulse them in a food processor (or place them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin) until they are fine crumbs. Add the cocoa and melted butter and pulse until the mixture is well combined.
3. Empty the mixture into a greased 9in. springform pan, press it over the bottom and up the sides of the pan (according to the recipe), and bake in the hot oven 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the crust cool completely before removing it from the pan.