FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Old Farmer's Almanac Everyday Cookbook
by Old Farmer's Almanac
Prepare and refrigerate this salad up to 24 hours ahead of time. Add the dressing just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons buttermilk
• 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon finely minced onion
• 1 small clove garlic, crushed and minced
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 cups (8 ounces) sugar snap peas
• 12 ounces crabmeat or lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1/2 medium cucumber, scrubbed, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cored and sliced into short, thin strips
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh dill
• lettuce leaves
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Shake vigorously and chill for several hours.
Blanch the sugar snap peas. Blot away the excess moisture from the snap peas, cut them in half crosswise, and place them in a large bowl. Add the crabmeat, cucumber, celery, pepper, onion, and dill. Toss gently, cover, and chill.
Just before serving, make a bed of lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat evenly.
Mound the salad on the lettuce bed.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.