FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Makes 12 empanadas for 6 main dish or 12 hearty appetizer servings
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 8 (1/2-inch-thick) peeled eggplant slices
• 1 (1/2- inch-thick) slice sweet onion
• 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
• Cooking Spray
• 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
• 6 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar, thinly sliced
1. In zip-close plastic bag, combine vinaigrette, oregano, salt, chili powder and cumin; add eggplant, onion, and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat vegetables with marinade. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Preheat grill, coating rack with cooking spray. Remove vegetables from bag. Grill until tender, about 5 minutes per side; let cool. (Alternatively, cook vegetables under broiler.) Transfer to bowl of food processor and pulse to chop.
3. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
4. Divide pizza dough into 12 portions. Working with one portion at a time, shape into ball; on lightly floured surface, roll ball out into 6-inch circle.
5. Spoon heaping tablespoon of vegetable mixture onto dough circle; top with 1/2 ounce of cheese. Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges together to seal. Place empanada on prepared baking sheet.
6. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, vegetable mixture and cheese. Lightly coat tops of empanadas with cooking spray.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 214 , Total Fat 7g , Saturated Fat 4g , Sodium 684mg , Carbohydrates 27g , Dietary Fiber 1g , Protein 11g , Calcium 217mg
Recipe courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.