ROASTED SESAME ASPARAGUS
Serves 4 as an appetizer
• ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
• 4 Teaspoons, Divided Rice vinegar - divided
• 3 Teaspoons Soy sauce - divided
• 1¼ Teaspoon Fresh ginger, peeled & finely grated
• 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
• ¼ Cup Sesame seeds
• 1 Bunch Asparagus, washed and trimmed*
• 2 ¼ Sesame oil - divided
• 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
• ¼ Teaspoon Chili garlic sauce
1) Pre-heat oven to 450°F then lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon ginger
3) In another container mix together the panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
4) Toss the asparagus in the mayonnaise mixture to coat each stock then roll them in the bread crumb mixture. Transfer asparagus to the oiled baking sheet. Lightly drizzle 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil over the asparagus and place in pre-heated oven. Roast until well browned, turning once, approx 15 minutes.
5) In another bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon water, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, the remaining vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ginger and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil.
6) Remove asparagus from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer asparagus to serving platter and drizzle with sauce.
*Trimming Suggestion: Asparagus spears have a tough, fibrous base but you don’t need a knife to trim them! Asparagus spears will break at the least fibrous point so simply bend each spear until they snap!
Recipe courtesy of Sebastians.
Sebastians Café and Catering was established in 1994 and has developed into a niche sized but diverse food service provider, offering a high quality dining experience to a wide range of clients in the corporate and distinctive catering, retail, and corporate dining arenas. For more information on Sebastians, please visit www.sebastians.com or call 1.888.563.8334 or 617.563.8334.