FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Provides 1 vegetable serving per person
• 2 cups canned chestnuts, drained (be sure they are not in a sugar syrup)
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or dry red wine
• ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
• ¼ teaspoon dried sage
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water (slurry)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Simmer the chestnuts in the broth or wine with the thyme and sage 20 minutes. Stir in the slurry and stir to thicken and clear.
2. Add the parsley and serve with a holiday bird or other roast.
1 g fat
5% calories from fat
0 g saturated fat
0% calories from saturated fat
33 g carbohydrates
157 mg sodium
0 g dietary fiber
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.