FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: about 40 min.
Makes 8 servings
• 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 4 lbs. chicken parts, skinned
• 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
• 1 cup each chopped onion, bell pepper and celery
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular rice
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1/4 cup FRANK'S REDHOT Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1. HEAT oil in 5-quart pot or deep heavy skillet. Cook chicken and sausage in batches, about 20 min. until well browned. Drain fat. Return meat to pot.
2. STIR remaining ingredients into pot. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium- low.
3. SIMMER, covered, 20 min. until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink near bone.
SLOW COOKER METHOD:
Brown chicken and sausage as in Step 1.
Transfer meat to 6 qt. slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3 hours, or on LOW setting for 6 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Frank’s Redhot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.