FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Start To Finish: 40 Minutes
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick mix
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
• 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons of the 1/4 cup sugar. In medium bowl, stir remaining sugar and remaining biscuit ingredients until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 9 spoonfuls into dish. Sprinkle reserved 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar over top.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat all pudding ingredients with wire whisk or fork until well blended. Pour over hot biscuits.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 18 to 20 minutes longer or until pudding is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 3, bake 12 to 14 minutes. In step 5, bake 20 to 22 minutes longer.
1 SERVING: Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 650mg; Total Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 29g); Protein 7g
% DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
EXCHANGES: 2 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
CARBOHYDRATE CHOICES: 4
Quick Tip: For an autumn treat, stir 1/2 cup dried cranberries into the pudding mixture before pouring over the hot biscuits.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.