FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook:
Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone! by Phyllis Good
Margaret Wheeler, North Bend, OR
Makes 12 servings
(Ideal slow cooker size: 4-5-quart)
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup boiling water
6 Tbsp. dark molasses
2 cups whole cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup water
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
4 Tbsp. light, soft tub margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix together flour and salt.
2. Dissolve soda in boiling water. Add to flour and salt.
3. Stir in molasses. Blend well.
4. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
5. Pour into well greased and floured bread or cake pan that will sit in your cooker. Cover with greased tin foil.
6. Pour 1/2 cup water into cooker. Place foil-covered pan in cooker. Cover with cooker lid and steam on High 3 to 4 hours, or until pudding tests done with a wooden pick.
7. Remove pan and uncover. Let stand 5 minutes, then unmold.
8. To make butter sauce, mix together all ingredients in saucepan. Cook, stirring over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
9. Serve warm butter sauce over warm cranberry pudding.
Exchange List Values: Carbohydrate 2.0, fat 0.5
Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 177 (Calories from Fat 46), Total Fat 5 gm (Saturated Fat 0.5 gm, Polyunsat Fat 2.7 gm, Monounsat Fat 1.3 gm, Cholesterol 1 ing), Sodium 355 mg, Total Carbohydrate 31 gm, Dietary Fiber 1 gm, Sugars 18 gm, Protein 3 gm
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.