FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 12 appetizer servings
• 1 pound ground lamb
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet Collection Poppy Seed
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Ground Cumin
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Coarse Grind Black Pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Saigon Cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3 tablespoons oil, divided
• 12 wooden skewers (6-inch)
• Rose-Infused Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Mix lamb, onion, poppy seed, cumin, salt, black pepper, cinnamon and red pepper in large bowl. Add egg; mix well. Form 2 heaping tablespoons of lamb mixture into a 3-inch long roll. Repeat with remaining lamb mixture to make about 12 kaftas.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add 1/2 of kaftas; cook 7 minutes or until cooked through and browned on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining kaftas, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed.
3. To serve kaftas, carefully slide a wooden skewer lengthwise through center of each kafta. Serve with Rose-Infused Dipping Sauce (see below).
Rose-Infused Dipping Sauce: Mix 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup finely chopped, peeled and seeded cucumber, 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint and 1 tablespoon rose water in medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip: Rose water is available in the international aisle of some supermarkets, online specialty stores, or Middle Eastern markets.
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.