CIDER-BRAISED SPICY PORK STEW
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork butt, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
· 1 cup apple cider
· 1 cup chicken broth
· 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chopped parsley
· 2½ teaspoons original Tabasco brand pepper sauce
· 3 cups butternut squash chunks
· 2 cups Brussels sprouts, each cut in half
· 1 large apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
Combine flour and salt in a bowl; add pork pieces. Toss to coat well.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook pork pieces in batches, until well browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining pork.
Remove pork to slow-cooker. Add onion, apple cider, chicken broth, parsley and Tabasco sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or cook on LOW for 4 hours. Stir in squash, Brussels sprouts and apple; cover and cook 2 hours longer, stirring occasionally.
Serve with crusty bread.