FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 4-5 servings
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
• 1 lb. beef tips
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
• 32-oz. can (3 1/2 cups) beef broth
• 2 medium-sized carrots, sliced
• 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
• dash of pepper
• 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
1. Cook beef in nonstick saucepan until browned and juices evaporate, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add mushrooms and garlic powder and cook until mushrooms begin to wilt, about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, carrots, thyme, and pepper.
4. Heat to boiling. Stir in barley. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, or until barley is tender.
Karen Gingrich, New Holland, PA
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.