FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Makes about 2 dozen
• 4 ripe pears (any kind), peeled,
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 24 slices from thin French bread baguette
• 8 oz. Cabot Extra Sharp or Sharp Cheddar
• 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
• thinly slivered fresh sage leaves
1. Place rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 400º F.
2. In 8-inch pyrex or similar casserole, toss together pears, sugar and oil until well combined; spread in even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Stir pears, then return to oven for 10 - 15 minutes longer or until sugar has begun to caramelize and pears are browned. Add vinegar to dish and stir to distribute. Bake pears for 5 minutes longer.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.(Pears can be prepared up to 1 week ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.)
5. Top each bread round with slice of cheddar. Add heaping teaspoon of roasted pears, sprinkle of pecans and slivers of sage.
Calories 298 , Total Fat 11g , Saturated Fat 5g , Sodium 463mg , Carbohydrates 40g , Dietary Fiber 3g , Protein 10g , Calcium 50mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.