FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Divine Kosher Cuisine: Catering to Family and Friends
by Rise' Routenberg, Barbara Wasser
The caraway seeds in this unusual recipe add a pleasant pungency to this mildly sweet, biscuit-like cookie. A clever complement to a sweet dessert wine.
Dairy Or Pareve
Yield: 48 Cookies
• 2 cups flour
• 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup butter for dairy, room temperature (use margarine for pareve)
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375°F ten minutes before baking. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Combine flour, caraway seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Cream butter or margarine at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Add dry ingredients.
4. Cover dough with plastic wrap. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
5. Divide dough in half and roll each piece on lightly floured surface 1/8-inch thick. Cut out decorative 2 1/2-inch shapes and place 2 inches apart on sheets.
6. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Recommended Wine: Muscat
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.