FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 4 or 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
• 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Orange Icing (recipe follows)
1. Put the carrots in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat and simmer until they are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash the carrots with a fork to make 1 cup mash. Set aside
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet
3. Mix the butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light, about 1 minute
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt onto a square of wax paper (or mix in a bowl). Add to the creamed mixture and combine. Mix in the vanilla and carrots
5. Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, taking care not to overbake
6. Meanwhile, quickly make the icing. Place the cookies on aluminum foil and ice them while they are still hot.
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon butter
• Juice of 1 to 2 oranges
• Pinch salt
1. Sift the powdered sugar into an electric mixer bowl
2. Add the butter. Juice of 1 orange, and salt Mix until smooth, adding more orange juice as needed for spreading consistency.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.