FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1/2 cup raisins
· 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1/3 cup granulated sugar
· 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
· 3 large egg whites
· 1 large egg
· 10 cups of ½ inch cubed white bread
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 3 tablespoons white rum
1. To prepare the pudding, combine the milk, raisins, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, evaporated milk, egg whites and egg in a large mixing bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Add bread cubes, and toss gently. Cover bread mixture, and chill 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon the bread mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake bread mixture at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
3. To prepare the sauce, combine milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the milk mixture, and bring to a boil. Cook mixture until thick (for about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in the rum.
4. Spoon rum sauce over pudding when ready to eat.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Caribbean Shopping Channel
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.