FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 5 slices whole-wheat bread
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
• 2 apples, cored, peeled and diced
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg whites
• 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 (12-ounce) can non-fat evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 9-by-9-inch or other 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. (Alternatively, use six individual ramekins.)
2. Trim crusts from bread and cut each slice into 9 squares. Arrange bread over bottom of dish. Coat top of bread with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Scatter cheese over bread and top with apples.
3. In small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, granulated white sugar and vanilla until well blended. Whisk in evaporated milk. Pour mixture evenly over other ingredients in dish.
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Calories 281 , Total Fat 6g , Saturated Fat 3g , Sodium 341mg , Carbohydrates 44g , Dietary Fiber 3g , Protein 15g , Calcium 330mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.