FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Indonesian - (Ikan Bilis dan Petai)
Favourite Dishes from the Tunku's Kitchen
by Y.T.M. Dato' Tunku Mukminah Tunku Mohd Jiwa
• Cooking oil - 50 ml
• Shallots - 6, peeled and sliced
• Chilli paste - 2 Tbsp
• Shrimp paste (belacan) - 4-cm, roasted & ground
• Tamarind pulp (asam jawa) - 30 g, mixed with 100 ml water, squeezed and strained
• Salt - to taste
• Sugar - to taste
• Petai - 80 g, peeled
• Anchovies (ikan bilis) - 200 g, deep fried
• Heat cooking oil in a frying pan (skillet).
• Add shallots, chilli paste and shrimp paste. Stir-fry until fragrant.
• Add tamarind juice, salt and sugar to taste.
• When gravy is slightly thickened, add petai and anchovies.
• Cook for another 3 minutes.
• Dish out onto a serving plate.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.