FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars
Bake-Off Contest 30, 1982
Janelle Smith, Bunker Hill, WV
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Start To Finish: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
• 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 1/4 cup molasses
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
• 1 1/2 oz cream cheese (from 3-oz package), softened
• 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 X 9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and the molasses with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in applesauce and sour cream. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In small bowl, beat all frosting ingredients except 1/4 cup walnuts on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 Bar: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 14g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.