FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Divine Kosher Cuisine: Catering to Family and Friends
by Rise' Routenberg, Barbara Wasser
Serve this flavorful dish over rice, mashed potatoes or egg noodles to absorb all the gravy.
Yield: 4 Servings
• 2 pounds veal, cubed
• Flour for dredging, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 4 green peppers, thinly sliced
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 large green olives, chopped
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup water
1. Dredge veal in flour.
2. Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in large skillet, add peppers, onions and garlic and saute until soft. Transfer to bowl, add olives and capers and cover.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet and brown veal on all sides. Add vinegar and water and scrape loose browned bits. Add pepper mixture and simmer covered until veal is tender. Add more water if needed.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.