FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Good Housekeeping Grill It!
Editors of Good Housekeeping
Thick, juicy veal chops, stuffed with a mixture of creamy cheese, roasted peppers, and basil, sit atop a bed of spicy greens. The combination of warm chop and cool greens is a real winner. Use a small paring knife to cut the pocket so that it is deep but not wide.
Prep: 15 Minutes
Grill: 10 To 12 Minutes
Makes 4 Servings
• 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (one-third 7-ounce jar), drained and chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 4 veal rib chops, each 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
• 2 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced
• 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 4 ounces arugula, watercress, or baby spinach, tough stems removed
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. In small bowl, mix roasted red peppers and 2 tablespoons chopped basil.
3. Prepare veal chops: Holding knife parallel to surface, cut a horizontal pocket in each chop. Tuck cheese slices into veal pockets; spread red-pepper mixture over cheese. Sprinkle veal chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
4. Place chops on hot grill rack over medium-high heat and grill, turning chops once, until chops are lightly browned on both sides and just lose their pink color throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Prepare arugula salad: In medium bowl, with wire whisk, mix oil, vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon basil, mustard, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; add arugula, tossing to coat.
6. To serve, spoon arugula mixture onto platter; arrange chops on top.
Each serving: About 440 calories, 40g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 29g total fat (11g saturated), 181mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.