FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Semi-Homemade Grilling 2
by Sandra Lee
This is the richest, reddest BBQ sauce you'll rind! Bottled sauce is deliciously doctored with cherry preserves and tart pie cherries to make a sweet and tangy syrup that will have tender veal chops zinging with Flavor. Sugar burns quickly, so brush on the sauce near the end.
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
• 4½ pounds veal loin chops, cut 1 inch thick
• 1 tablespoon garlic-and-herb seasoning, Old Bay
• 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper, McCormick
FOR CHERRY BBQ SAUCE:
• 1 can (15-ounce) red tart pie cherries, drained, Oregon
• 1 cup barbecue sauce, Bull's-Eye
• 1/2 cup cherry preserves, Smucker's
1. Season chops with garlic-and-herb seasoning and lemon pepper. Set aside.
2. For Cherry BBQ Sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine cherries, barbecue sauce, and preserves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer For 10 minutes. Remove From heat and cool. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Place chops on hot, oiled grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Turn and brush with Cherry BBQ Sauce and cook for 1 minute. Turn and brush with Cherry BBQ Sauce and cook about 1 minute more for medium (160 degrees F).*
4. Remove from heat and brush once more with Cherry BBQ Sauce. Serve hot with Cherry BBQ Sauce on the side.
Tip: To check for doneness, make a small cut in the thickest part of the meat; it should be slightly less done than you like it. Allow the chops to stand for 5 to 10 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise slightly), brush with more glaze and serve as directed.
Prepare chops and Cherry BBQ Sauce as directed.
Place chops on foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat source for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Turn and brush with Cherry BBQ Sauce. Return to broiler and cook for 1 minute. Turn and brush with Cherry BBQ Sauce and cook about 1 minute more for medium (160 degrees F).
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.