FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Gary Null's Power Foods: The 15 Best Foods for Your Health
by Gary Null Ph.D.
Makes 2 Servings.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
• 2 small or 1 large tomato (approximately 8 ounces), chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon dried fennel
• 1 cup white basmati rice, cooked
• 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
• pinch saffron
• pinch cayenne
• sea salt, to taste
• 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced, as garnish (optional)
• fresh greens for decoration (optional)
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat and saute the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper for about 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
2. Add tomato, basil, parsley, and fennel, and saute 5 minutes.
3. Add rice, vegetable broth, saffron, cayenne, and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Remove lid, and cover with a cloth towel to allow evaporation of excess water vapor without loss of heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with sliced almonds and serve on a bed of fresh greens or as a vegetable stuffing, if desired.
6. Serve immediately.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.