See also: Cranberries
Sweetened dried cranberries are processed from whole premium USDA Grade No. 1 fresh cranberries. They are sprayed with a sugar solution to balance tartness and give them appropriate texture and mouthfeel. They are also sprayed with oil to prevent sticking together.
• Store unopened dried cranberries in a cool, dry place off the floor not exceeding 65°F. Shelf life is extended if stored below 45°F.
• For best quality, opened, dried cranberries should be used within 12 months if stored below 65°F; 18 months if stored below 45°F. Best storage is at low humidity, so refrigeration is excellent for storage.
Uses and Tips
• Dried cranberries are a quick and easy snack, and can be eaten right out of the package.
• Use as a tasty addition to trail mix, quick breads, muffins, desserts, sauces, salsa, and salads.
• Sprinkle dried cranberries over cold or cooked cereals – dried cranberries can also be cooked in the cereal.
• Dried cranberries are a delicious addition to chopped chicken or turkey salads.
• Dried cranberries are a no-fat, no cholesterol, no sodium food.
Serving size 1/4 cup (30g) dried cranberries
Amount Per Serving & % Daily Value*
Fat Cal 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
USDA, Food & Nutrition Service