JUNE 10 - Today in Food History
• National Black Cow Day (A Root Beer Float)
(Why Does Root Beer Foam So Much)
• National Iced Tea Day (Iced Tea Facts & Trivia)
• National Herbs & Spices Day (Herb & Spice Articles)
• Capitol Hill Ocean Week (June 8-10, 2021) [National Marine Sanctuary Foundation] The nation’s premier annual conference examining current marine, coastal and Great Lakes policy issues.
• Alex's Lemonade Days (June 5-13, 2021) [Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation] (Lemonade Recipes)
• National Fishing & Boating Week: June 5-13, 2021
[Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation]
(Articles About Fish & Fishing)
• National Garden Week (June 6-12, 2021)
[National Garden Clubs Inc]
On this day in:
1869 Frozen food was shipped long distance for the first time. Frozen Texas beef shipped by steamship to New Orleans. (Frozen Food Trivia & Facts)
1916 William Rosenberg founder of Dunkin' Donuts was born (died Sept 22, 2002).
1929 Edward Osborne Wilson was born. An American biologist and researcher who is considered the world's leading authority on ants. (Ant Trivia & Facts)
1935 AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) was founded.
1943 Laslo Biro patented the ball point pen.
1952 Mylar was registered as a DuPont trademark. Mylar is a very strong polyester film that has gradually replaced cellophane. It is used as a food wrap in addition to many other non-food uses.
1965 Jimmy Chamberlain of the music group 'The Smashing Pumpkins' was born.
1971 'Want Ads' by Honey Cone is #1 on the charts.
1972 'The Candy Man' by Sammy Davis Jr. is number one on the charts.
1973 William Motter Inge died. An American playwright, he was the author of 'Picnic' which was also filmed in 1956.
1985 A ‘Most Embarrassing Moment’: Coca Cola announced it was bringing back the old formula Coke, to replace the New Coke nobody wanted. (Coca Cola Trivia)
1990 Burger King began using Newman's Own Salad Dressings. (Burger King Trivia & Facts)