See also: History of the Waring Blender
The 'Waring Blender' (originally spelled ‘Blendor’) was one of the earliest commercially successful blenders. The most unusual thing about it is it is named after orchestra leader Fred Waring.
Frederick Osius worked on improving inventor Poplawski's blender, and went to Waring for financial backing. Waring backed its development, in part, so he could puree raw vegetables for the ulcer diet his doctors prescribed. Waring also delighted in most new inventions.
The Waring Blender (originally called the Miracle Mixer) debuted in 1937 and sold for $29.75. By 1954 one million Waring Blendors had been sold.
The Waring Blender was used by Dr. Jonas Salk in his laboratory while he was working on the Salk Polio Vaccine.