DUTCH SOUR CREAM COFFEECAKE
Here's a great cake. Call it a coffeecake or just use it as dessert. It's tender and moist and loaded with sour cream. We topped it with a terrific streusel.
Recipe courtesy of the Prepared Pantry - Dedicated to helping you bake with time-saving baking mixes, quality tools, hard-to-find ingredients, and some of the best baking information on the web. CLICK HERE for FREE Book How To Bake
Dutch Sour Cream Coffeecake
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Streusel
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces
Prepare an 8 1/2 by 13-inch baking pan by greasing well.
Preheat the oven to 376 degrees.
1. Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.
2. Add the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla and continue beating until smooth and light. Beat in the sour cream.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, leavenings, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Mix the streusel ingredients in a bowl.
6. Use a pastry knife to cut the butter into the mixture until it becomes coarse and granular. Spoon the streusel over the cake.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cake tests done.