CORNMEAL MUSH RECIPE
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook:
1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Betty Hostetler Allensville, PA
Makes: 15-18 Servings
Prep. Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4-6 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
1. Combine cornmeal, salt, and cold water.
2. Stir in hot water. Pour into greased slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on High 1 hour, then stir again and cook on Low 3-4 hours. Or cook on Low 5-6 hours, stirring once every hour during the first 2 hours.
4. Serve hot with butter as a side dish.
Note: When we lived on the farm, Mother would prepare boiled mush for the evening meal. The rest she poured into pans and fried for supper the next evening. I adapted this recipe for the slow cooker several years ago when Mother was living with us and I needed to go to work.
1. Serve warm with milk, butter, and syrup or chili.
2. Serve slices for breakfast with maple'syrup, bacon, sausage, or ham and eggs.
Variation: Pour cooked commeal mush into loaf pans.
Chill until set.
Cut into 陆-inch slices.
Coat with flour and fry in butter.
Slow cooker recipes (crockpot)