WITH FRUITED RICE
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
• 1 duckling (3 to 5 pounds)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 medium onion, quartered
• 1 cup golden seedless raisins
• 1 17-ounce can apricot halves (drain; reserve syrup)
• 3 cups hot cooked rice
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1½ tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Sprinkle duckling's body and cavities with salt. Stuff onion into body cavity. Place duckling on rack in large roasting pan. Roast at 350 degrees about 45 minutes per pound or until thermometer reads 180 F to 185 F.
Meanwhile, marinate raisins in apricot syrup. Chop 1 cup of apricot halves and toss with rice, sugar, raisins and spices; heat thoroughly in large skillet. Quarter duckling and serve with fruited rice. Garnish with remaining apricot halves and with parsley.
USA Rice Federation (www.usarice.com)