CINNAMON STREUSEL CAKE WITH IRISH CREAM GLAZE
A ribbon of cinnamon weaves a warm, sweet flavor and aroma through this cake. A distinctive glaze, made with Irish cream liqueur, adds a festive touch that’s perfect for a special occasion.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Makes 18 servings.
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 2/3 cup butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 4 eggs
• 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
• 2 cups flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
• 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. For Streusel Topping, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
2. For cake, beat butter, sugar and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda on low speed until well mixed. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Streusel Topping evenly over bottom of greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Spoon 1/2 of the batter over Streusel Topping. Repeat layers.
3. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Prepare glaze, mixing all ingredients in small bowl until smooth. Spoon evenly over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Copyright © 2006 McCormick & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.