FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
See: On The Road Picnic Article for additional Recipes and Picnic Tips
Italian Tuna Salad
• 4 cups canned white beans drained, rinsed and chilled
• 1½ 6-ounce cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained, broken into chunks
• 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place beans in large bowl.
Add tuna and onion; drizzle with oil.
Toss gently to combine.
Season with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
“On the Road” picnic menu from renowned chef Michael White, The James Beard Foundation & Mercedes-Benz features the following items:
• Insalata di Mare
• E-Cabbage Slaw
• Insalata Cruda con Parmigiano
• Gemelli e Heirloom Tomatoes e Basil
• Potatoes con Bagna Cauda Vinaigrette
• Gamberoni alla Piastra
• Grilled Tagliata con Rucola, Parmigiano e Ciabatta
• Italian Tuna Insalata
• Strawberries con Honeyed Marscarpone e Balsamic
• Gianduja Chocolate Chip Cookies
Article and recipes courtesy of Mercedes-Benz USA.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2017 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.