FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Recipes | Cooking Tips | Videos
Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems | Food Posters
Cookbooks | Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
You are here >
See: On The Road Picnic Article for additional Recipes and Picnic Tips
Insalata Cruda con Parmigiano
(Raw salad with parmesan)
• 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound asparagus, thinly sliced on the bias
• 1 large carrot, finely julienned
• 1/2 small seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 1 head of Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
• 2 tbsp shredded basil leaves
• 1 tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar with the Dijon mustard and the 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
Add the radishes, fennel, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, basil and tarragon and toss gently to coat.
Serve the salad right away.
“On the Road” picnic menu from renowned chef Michael White, The James Beard Foundation & Mercedes-Benz features the following items:
• Insalata di Mare
• E-Cabbage Slaw
• Insalata Cruda con Parmigiano
• Gemelli e Heirloom Tomatoes e Basil
• Potatoes con Bagna Cauda Vinaigrette
• Gamberoni alla Piastra
• Grilled Tagliata con Rucola, Parmigiano e Ciabatta
• Italian Tuna Insalata
• Strawberries con Honeyed Marscarpone e Balsamic
• Gianduja Chocolate Chip Cookies
Article and recipes courtesy of Mercedes-Benz USA.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2015 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.