INSALATA CRUDA CON PARMIGIANO
See: On The Road Picnic Article for additional Recipes and Picnic Tips
Insalata Cruda con Parmigiano
(Raw salad with parmesan)
• 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound asparagus, thinly sliced on the bias
• 1 large carrot, finely julienned
• 1/2 small seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 1 head of Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
• 2 tbsp shredded basil leaves
• 1 tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar with the Dijon mustard and the 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
Add the radishes, fennel, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, basil and tarragon and toss gently to coat.
Serve the salad right away.
“On the Road” picnic menu from renowned chef Michael White, The James Beard Foundation & Mercedes-Benz features the following items:
Article and recipes courtesy of Mercedes-Benz USA.