FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
You are here >
See: On The Road Picnic Article for additional Recipes and Picnic Tips
Gemelli e Heirloom Tomatoes e Basil
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 eggs, hard-boiled, finely chopped
• 1 pound gemelli, cooked al dente, rinsed to prevent sticking
• 6 ounces pecorino, shaved
• 3 mixed heirloom tomatoes
• 1 small bunch of basil, leaves torn
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
If necessary, add more vinegar to adjust the acidity.
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with the vinaigrette.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
“On the Road” picnic menu from renowned chef Michael White, The James Beard Foundation & Mercedes-Benz features the following items:
• Insalata di Mare
• E-Cabbage Slaw
• Insalata Cruda con Parmigiano
• Gemelli e Heirloom Tomatoes e Basil
• Potatoes con Bagna Cauda Vinaigrette
• Gamberoni alla Piastra
• Grilled Tagliata con Rucola, Parmigiano e Ciabatta
• Italian Tuna Insalata
• Strawberries con Honeyed Marscarpone e Balsamic
• Gianduja Chocolate Chip Cookies
Article and recipes courtesy of Mercedes-Benz USA.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2016 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.