GEMELLI E HEIRLOOM TOMATOES E BASIL
See: On The Road Picnic Article for additional Recipes and Picnic Tips
Gemelli e Heirloom Tomatoes e Basil
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 eggs, hard-boiled, finely chopped
• 1 pound gemelli, cooked al dente, rinsed to prevent sticking
• 6 ounces pecorino, shaved
• 3 mixed heirloom tomatoes
• 1 small bunch of basil, leaves torn
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
If necessary, add more vinegar to adjust the acidity.
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with the vinaigrette.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature.
“On the Road” picnic menu from renowned chef Michael White, The James Beard Foundation & Mercedes-Benz features the following items:
Article and recipes courtesy of Mercedes-Benz USA.