FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
A healthful, affordable recipe.
Makes 2½ dozen cookies
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
• 1 fresh large egg
• 2 Tbsp lowfat milk
• 1/4 cup canned applesauce
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1¼ cup quick oats
• 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Guide children in using an electric mixer on medium speed; cream sugar and margarine or butter until smooth and creamy.
2. Ask child to slowly add egg. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute. 3. Child can slowly add milk and applesauce. Mix for 1 more minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
4. In a small bowl, help child combine together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add dry ingredients gradually to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed for 2 minutes, until blended.
5. Add oats and raisins; blend for 30 seconds on low speed. Scrape sides of the bowl.
6. Child can portion dough by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-13 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yummy!
Nutrients per serving: 1 cookie
Calories 70; Saturated Fat 0.3 g; Iron 0.4 mg; Protein 1 g; Cholesterol 8 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Carbohydrate 14 g; Vitamin A 14 RE; Sodium 42 mg; Total Fat 1.3 g; Vitamin C 0 mg; Dietary Fiber 1 g
USDA Food & Nutrition Services - Team Nutrition: Food, Family & Fun
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.