EASY SUNDAY DINNER ROAST CHICKEN
Makes approximately 6 servings
• 1 chicken, thawed, washed, patted dry with paper towel
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 20-ounce package frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
• All drippings in pan
• 2 tablespoons flour
• Broth or water as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Remove giblets from chicken cavity and reserve for another use.
3. Rub skin with oil and season inside and out with salt/pepper as desired.
4. Place chicken in shallow roasting pan. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours until thermometer registers 180°F.
5. During the last 30 minutes of roasting time, arrange thawed vegetables in pan around chicken, and season with salt/pepper as desired.
1. Pour all juices remaining in pan into a heatproof 2-cup measuring cup.
2. Fat will rise to the top - pour off two tablespoons of this fat from the top into roasting pan. Discard remainder of clear liquid fat, retaining dark juices – set them aside.
3. Stir 2 tablespoons of flour into fat in roasting pan.
4. Cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. To dark juices remaining in cup, add enough broth or water to equal 2 cups of liquid.
6. Whisk this liquid into flour mixture in roasting pan. Cook until gravy thickens, stirring constantly. Season with salt/pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories from Fat 76
Total Fat 8.5 g
Saturated Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 268 mg
Total Carbohydrate 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugar 0 g
Protein 25 g
Vitamin A 32 RE
Vitamin C 2 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Iron 1.1 mg
USDA, Food & Nutrition Service - Recipe provided by Perdue Farms