FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
With only a small amount of oil in the crust and skim milk in the filling, this delicious pie is a heart healthy treat.
Yield: 9 servings
1 C quick cooking oats
1/4 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C ground almonds
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp water
1/4 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
4 tsp vanilla
1 C canned pumpkin
2/3 C evaporated skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
To prepare crust:
2. Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt in small mixing bowl.
3. Blend oil and water in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
4. Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
5. Press into 9-inch pie pan, and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until light brown.
6. Turn down oven to 350ºF.
To prepare filling:
7. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in bowl.
8. Add egg and vanilla, and mix to blend ingredients.
9. Add pumpkin and milk, and stir to combine. Putting it together:
10. Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
11. Bake for 45 minutes at 350ºF or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Serving size: 1/9 of 9-inch pie - Each serving provides:
Total fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Sodium: 207 mg
Total fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Potassium: 223 mg
National Institutes of Health www.nih.gov/
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.