CALIFORNIA DRIED PLUM PACKRAT COOKIES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
• 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dried plums, chopped
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
• 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut (optional)
Heat oven to 350ºF.
In mixer bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth.
Add sugars; beat until creamy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
In separate bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
Stir in dried plums, chocolate morsels, chocolate candies, walnuts and coconut, if desired.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
Store in tightly covered container.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
% of Calories from Fat 47%
California Dried Plum Board - www.californiadriedplums.org